Obstetrics & GynaecologyThe Core of Our Care
Providing every aspect of women’s health including Screening, Infertility,
Gynae- Oncology & Adolescent Gynaecology
Hospital UMRA provides a myriad of professional extensive O & G services
Range Of Services
- Obstetrics care including HIGH RISK pregnancies
- Painless Delivery via Labour Epidural
- Gynaecology Services
- Laparoscopic surgery – Minimally Invasive Key Hole Surgery
- Menstrual problems management
- Women Cancer Diagnostic Center
General Gynaecology Services
- Management of Menstrual dysfunction / disorders
- Laparoscopic surgery and surgical management of endometriosis, Fibroids and uterine dysfunctions.
- Urogynaecology procedures
- Pelvic floor repairs
- Abnormal papsmears and colposcopy
- Ovarian cysts
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Urinary incontinence
- Pelvic Floor Prolapse
- Male & female infertility investigation
- In-vitro fertilization (IVF) *
- Pre-implantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) *
* (Stimulation only. Procedures done at TMC Fertility)
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- Intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) *
- Pre-pregnancy assessment and counselling
- Repeated early pregnancy loss (Recurrent miscarriage)
- Early pregnancy genetic counselling
- Pregnancy management, antenatal care and confinement
- Low risk pregnancy with the expectation of normal uncomplicated birth
- Pregnancy beyond 35 years of age
- High risk pregnancy care; multiple pregnancies
Pregnancy complicated with :
- high blood pressure (pre-eclampsia)
- Women with pre-existing medical problems such as thyroid disease, autoimmune disorders, kidney disease, cardiac disease
- Operative obstetrics, caesarean section
- Antenatal consultations
Gynae Oncology (Cancer)
- Colposcopy (Cervix Evaluation)
- Ovarian Cancer
- Uterine Cancer
A scan is routinely performed at your first visit. In selected circumstances and when the need arises, late pregnancy ultrasound scans to assess the well-being of your baby can be performed also.
At UMRA HOSPITAL we have the facility to do 3D ,4D and Detailed Scan specifically to detect abnormal baby.
Antenatal Fetal CTG Monitoring
Procedure taken to check the baby’s well being during pregnancy.
Labour & Delivery Management
Our obstetricians are here to give the best interests forboth mother and baby to a successful outcomes.
Additionally, as far as possible, during the labour, UMRA’s Consultants will accommodate your wishes so as to give you satisfaction and joy on the outcome, through your desired steps.
This provides an opportunity to discuss your health, both physical and emotional, since the birth. Your contraceptive needs will be addressed and, if due, a pap smear will be taken.
Telephone Advice & Counselling
During office hours, telephone enquiries regarding matters related to your pregnancy, whether they may seem major or minor, are all happily received by our dedicated Consutants. If not available arrangements will be made for us to call you back as soon as possible.
Adolescent gynaecology involves the care of young women and their special needs as their bodies change and grow into adulthood. Diagnosis and management of common problems in gynaecology in this age group requires knowledge regarding congenital reproductive anomalies, disorders of gender development, reproductive endocrinopathies, gender identity, and gynaecologic malignancies. Gynaecologic disease states in paediatric patients frequently present with vulval and vaginal manifestations, while those in the adolescent age range present as abdominal-pelvic pain and abnormal menstrual bleeding.
Breastfeeding is natural but challenges and obstacles are frequent. Experienced and proven lactation support is available at the UMRA Hospital. Highly skilled midwives with lactation experience are available for one-on-one support.