Obstetrics & Gynaecology Unit
UMRA Hospital not only provides General O & G services, laboratory and ultrasound scanning services but also other sub-specialty areas of obstetrics and gynaecology.
Patients can seek consultation and have different investigations done if they wish, on the same day and at the same place.
Range of Services
1. Obstetric care including HIGH RISK pregnancies
2. Painless Delivery via Labour Epidural
3. Gynaecology Services
4. Laparoscopic surgery – Minimally Invasive Key Hole Surgery
5. Menstrual problems management
7. Women Cancer Diagnostic Center
General gynaecology services include
1. Management of Menstrual dysfunction / disorders
2. Laparoscopic surgery and surgical management of endometriosis, Fibroids and uterine dysfunctions.
3. Urogynaecology procedures
4. Pelvic floor repairs
5. Abnormal papsmears and colposcopy
6. Ovarian cysts
7. Ectopic Pregnancy
9. Urinary incontinence
10. Pelvic Floor Prolapse
Infertility services -
Male & female infertility investigation
In-vitro fertilization (IVF)*
Pre-implantation genetic diagnosis (PGD)*
Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
Intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)*
* (Stimulation only. Procedures done at Tropicana Medical Centre)
Obstetrics services include
- Pre-pregnancy assessment and counselling
- Repeated early pregnancy loss (Recurrent miscarriage)
- Early pregnancy genetic counselling
- Pregnancy management, antenatal care and confinement
- Low risk pregnancy with the expectation of normal uncomplicated birth
- Pregnancy beyond 35 years of age
- High risk pregnancy care; multiple pregnancies
- Pregnancy complicated with
a. high blood pressure (pre-eclampsia)
c. Women with pre-existing medical problems such as thyroid disease, autoimmune disorders, kidney disease, cardiac disease
d. Operative obstetrics, caesarean section
e. Antenatal consultations
Colposcopy (Cervix Evaluation)
A scan is routinely performed at your first visit. In selected circumstances and when the need arises, late pregnancy ultrasound scans to assess the well-being of your baby can be performed also.
At UMRA HOSPITAL we have the facility to do 3D ,4D and Detailed Scan specifically to detect abnormal baby.
Antenatal fetal CTG monitoring
Procedure taken to check the baby’s well being during pregnancy.
Labour and delivery management
Our obstetricians are here to give the best interests forboth mother and baby to a successful outcomes.
Additionally, as far as possible, during the labour, UMRA's Consultants will accommodate your wishes so as to give you satisfaction and joy on the outcome, through your desired steps.
This provides an opportunity to discuss your health, both physical and emotional, since the birth. Your contraceptive needs will be addressed and, if due, a pap smear will be taken.
Telephone advice and counselling
During office hours, telephone enquiries regarding matters related to your pregnancy, whether they may seem major or minor, are all happily received by our dedicated Consutants. If not available arrangements will be made for us to call you back as soon as possible.
Breastfeeding is natural but challenges and obstacles are frequent. Experienced and proven lactation support is available at the UMRA Hospital. Highly skilled midwives with lactation experience are available for one-on-one support.